Small clear, possibly unopened bottle...

I was digging in the garden with a shovel and hit this bottle. Amazingly, it didn't break! It was buried about 4 inches down, on its side. It looks like clear glass and it has a metal screw cap that is quite rusty but seems to still be water tight as no liquid comes out if its turned upside down. The bottom of the bottle appears dimpled around the edge and has a small "o" or zero, then what looks like the Owens-Illinois Bottle Co. logo (an "I" in an oval" and then another small "o" or zero. Under those marks is a large 3, followed by a dot (see blurry photo).

The outside of the bottle has a tapered/fluted neck with curving lines and a small round "bubble" in the center that appears to be smooth and blank. There are round/oval shapes all around the bottle, going up both sides and the bottle has a very distinctive, indented shape just below the neck (see more photos). Sorry the bottle is a little dirty as I was afraid to wash and destroy the cap. Its quite rusty.

I am very impressed with your website and was excited to be able to post this question. I hope you can help me because the curiosity is killing me! Haha

Comments