half pint

While walking through the forest i happened upon a recently fallen hillside with debris of dirt, leaves and large rocks. Roughly in direct path a meter away was what I perceived as a wine bottle. Very thick and dense, blown, rolled not one alphanumeric or symbol on the bottle. No seems, one large bubble toward the base and a few throughout as well a few internal stress marks. I've seen many bottles, however have never found one with no indication of its maker. I have found one similar and a possible description of another.

On Ebay listed under the physical description of "Antique Wine Bottle Blown Green Glass Listing Deep Base". This appears to be similar to my bottle.

The only other potential physical description comes from an auction in 1927 for glass and stoneware. Lot #27.

Comments

• Also the kick up or punti appears to be made by a similar bottle top. There is a magnifying type bubble in the center of the kick up surrounded by an inlaid line that looks like the mouth of a bottle. 275 ml. Roughly...
  • edited February 2017
    This page will give you most the information your looking for:

https://sha.org/bottle/wine.htm

Your bottle is most likely a "Bordeaux" style or "Hock".

Jeff
  • I agree with piggler

If you can post photos likely we can tell you more based on details...
  • For some reason photos wont work correctly. As of thus far it appears to be civil war era, quite a good job of craftsmanship. The next step is to have the contents of the glass looked into by either a jeweler or I assume a historian or museum to see whether it would be lime or lead base. I think that's the next step. I feel as though I just need to know where such a nice bottle came from, and every time I look deeper into the origins of glass it becomes very intriguing.