Are these Vintage Demijohn Bottles?

Hi, I am new to this site, but have a few questions. There are no markings on the base at all of the bottles. There are however Some bubbles in the glass. Glass is heavy... approx 3-4 lbs each. 1 bottle is a pale aqua blue, and the other has a slight hint of aqua, more clear than the other. Sizes are 10inches diameter x 17 height, and the other is 10 inches diameter x 13 inches height. Can someone maybe tell me a time period these are from?, and possibly where they were created? Thank you so much in advance.

Comments

• Hi and thanks for posting all the photos.

My hunch is that this one is about 100 or so years old. I would have a better feel if I were holding it and could get a close-up look.

A large number of these bigger bottles are making their way over from Europe. I am not entirely sure how long these were made into the 20th c. but I do see enough with the wicker still in place and other visual clues that suggest perhaps they were made further into the 20th c.

Wicker or other woven covering is the reason so many of these have survived in such great condition.

There was an article in a recent issue of Antique Bottle and Glass Collector on demijohns. I will try to find that and revisit to see if I can expand on my answer...