Can anyone identify this glass decanter with daisies or starbursts?

This is an 11-1/2 inch tall bottle with three starbursts, or daisies as I first thought, on the front and back sides each. The stopper is embossed with them also. All sides have variable thickness, as if it were handmade. The bottom is embossed with the words 'federal law forbids sale or reuse of this bottle', plus 4 D-126 T 4. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Hi, and thanks for posting.

The key to identifying the bottle here is the "D-126" marking. I have connected this to the Seagrams company and Calvert brand. Have seen this marking on several bottles so it may have been used for a different product than Calvert.

My best guess is that it dates to the 1960s - possibly a bit earlier or later.

With this info, you can go out and search for "Seagrams advertisement 1960s" or "Calvert advertisement 1960s" and see if you can find an ad showing the bottle. I have pretty good luck finding these on ebay....will do this when I get a moment.

The decorations on the bottle are part of the mold - this is pressed or molded decoration as opposed to hand cut decoration.
  • The labels tell all.

Four Roses Whiskey.
  • Many thanks Chris! What a great forum.