eli lilly &co. morphine carboy

I have this oversized carboy with a roanoke wholesale druggists sticker that partially covers an original eli lilly and co sticker. I think it may have said something to the effect of morphine. The seam doesn't appear to go past the thick lip at the top. It is in great condition but I have done some research and can't come up with anything comparable. My question is how old is it and what would the real value be in today's market.

Comments

• Greetings.

The bottle alone is definitely collectible although not the most desirable color. To bottle collectors, it is probably $20 on a good day, but these are popular for decorative and coin-saving purposes...so it could fetch more than that.

Consider also the rabid collector market for any old bottle related to illegal drugs. This drives up prices for a lot of bottles to ridiculous levels in some cases. Here the morphine label is largely obscured but that could still carry the price of this bottle to a higher level. How high? Not sure...shipping costs for this are high. Possibly as much as $50-75