large carboy identity crisis

I found a bunch of these heavy-duty glass carboys in an abandoned building in New York, actually not too far from the town of Corning. The buildings seem to be some sort of horse barns and laboratories, abandoned since the early 1990's from what I could tell. There was lots of other glass lab equipment in there too, mostly Pyrex. I'm wondering what these specifically are and how much they may be worth. I have tried researching all over the internet and can't seem to figure it out, which is why I'm posting here.

They are 6.5 or 7 Gallon. 2"wide mouth with black plastic caps. Some of them are clear glass, and some are blue-ish. As you can see in the pictures, there is a "P" on the neck in a sort of parallelogram with a "90" on the opposite side, closer to the top. There is a sort of "V" shape in a circle on the bottom of the bottle.

I don't think these are very old, probably from the 1970's or 80's, but from what I can tell they don't seem to be in Pyrex's current catalog, if they are even Pyrex at all...

Help?

Comments

• These carboys have no collector value; but, you may find a market for some as terraria or as fermenters (after they've been washed thoroughly).