Brown whiskey bottle possible prohibtion era?

Not sure about the bottle and glass industry and I am an avid metal detecting enthusiast. Came across a huge bottle dump in a site where me and a couple of friends go detecting. Most bottles seem to be from late 1800s to early 1900s. Would anyone be able to take a guess on this particular bottle and maybe even a value? It says on the bottom made in USA and on the front, "Federal law prohibits resale of this bottle" Along with this bottle, here are some others I came across. There are many more like these that we are still unearthing and can take months to get most of them out intact.

Comments

• It would appear your dump dates to the 1930s,40s,50s - you can definitely date the Federal Law.. embossing to that era.

Liquor bottles of this era are not really worth much unless they have labels / packaging.

Undoubtedly you will find a lot of items that have little value but it can be worth continuing for the exceptions - older items tossed in, milk bottles and some other items of the era.

Good luck and please report back with other photos
  • Thank you Chris for the feedback. My friend who was with me found an old milk bottle in great shape and he said they can fetch $50 or better on the collectors market. Not sure if that's accurate or not. Thanks again!
  • Chris I forgot to ask, what would be something worth looking for from that time period that would hold a decent value? Another guy found a small porcelain bottle which was pretty cool looking as well as these ones.
  • Milk bottle values, like bottles in general, are all over the place. It is all about the embossing. Collectors look for rarities and variants.

I look forward to seeing more of your discoveries.
  • Thank you again for your reply and I will keep posting our finds. We can literally be there for a year and still uncover glassware.