Does anyone know what this is

just wondering if any of you have ever seen one of these, before today, I had not seen one myself. I am new so, I hope I am posting in the correct place.

Comments

• Here is a better picture...And there are no labels or identifying marks...it appears to be hand blown. There are two pieces to this, one is the outside shell and the other is a cylindrical insert. The glass is thick at the bottom of both pieces. There are glass blower marks on the bottoms of both pieces where they were knocked of the blower wand. At least I believe this is what the marks are from anyway. The color of both pieces is a nice rich Amber brown. Thank you
  • Hard to determine the age based on photos. Perhaps a shot of the bases of each might help.

Is that a chip in the lip or a pour spout?

As for use, the only thing I can think of is that the inner container's liquid is chilled or warmed with liquid in the outer container. Have not seen such a set before.

My first reaction is that this is Bohemian (European) glass.
  • Thanks for responding Chris, it is a pour spout...here is another picture the base looks polished to me, having some trouble getting good shots of it sorry
  • Modern - those are not pontil marks but look more like a turn mold manufacture..

This also makes me think of infusion pitcher but it isn't the same since there are no holes in the inner vessel.
    See this on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Artland-80517A-Simplicity-Flavor-Infusing-Pitcher/dp/B003MZ808O

• I know I have seen those more modern type of Insulated pitchers too...here is maybe a better picture of that inner rounded bottle, you can see a round shape like there had been a rod of glass.
  • I feel sooooo stupid! That circular image is the other side of the bottle opening reflecting through the bottom, lol I'm sorry definitely was wrong there.

• Are you sure that the two pieces go together? I can't figure out how to enlarge the photos, but the bottle could be a master ink. The cylinder reminds me of a storage jar missing the blown glass lid.
  • I see what you mean but they sure seem to fit together comfortably and with the right dementions and all.
  • Here's something else I found that might be the same maker, by the way, the seller of it didn't know what it was for either. Lol.
  • One more of mine...different angle