What is the fee for appraising an antique english mallet black glass wine bottle?

What is your fee for a written appraisal of an antique wine bottle. I have an empty wine bottle sealed with name P.Winne 1733. I was told by an online bottle collector that it was probably and English Mallet. It was in an antique trunk of my grandmother's. Genealogy research shows Winne/Winnie ancestors living in Albany, New York, as was my father's family (Henry). I believe the Winnes are Dutch. I recently discovered them on Ancestry.com but have not researched them much. There was a Pieter Danielse Winne (born 1-1-1699 in Albany, NY; died 1-18-1757 in Somme, Picardie, France) in my family that would have been an appropriate age to make wines during that time. Inquiry to another member of Ancestry.com with Winne in their tree said he knew of no wine making in that family. I'm thinking of selling this bottle.

Comments

• Wow, this is an incredible piece which appears to be in wonderful condition.

I would recommend that you consider auctioning the bottle through one of the specialty antique bottle auctioneers. (see http://www.bottleauctions.com for a list of auctioneers)

I'll send further comments via a personal message..