Blue E. C. Booz's Old Cabin Whiskey bottle

edited March 2013 in Question and Answer
I have a blue E. C. Booz's Old Cabin Whiskey bottle. Date on back side of roof reads '1840' and on the left side it reads on 2 lines, '120 WALNUT ST PHILADELPHIA'.......on the right side and front of roof it reads 'E.C. BOOZ'S OLD CABIN WHISKEY. I interested in selling and wondered if it was a reproduction or original. Where might I find out more information? I also have an amber glass version, both of which were inherited from my grandmother.
Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks!
Julie

Comments

• I have a blue E. C. Booze's Old Cabin Whiskey bottle. Date on back side of roof reads '1840' and on the left side it reads on 2 lines, '120 WALNUT ST PHILADELPHIA'.......on the right side and front of roof it reads 'E.C. BOOZE'S OLD CABIN WHISKEY. I interested in selling and wondered if it was a reproduction or original. Where might I find out more information? I also have an amber glass version, both of which were inherited from my grandmother.
    Any help would be appreciated!!
    Thanks!
    Julie image
  • This is a 20th century reproduction but they are quite collectible. Not sure exactly which mold this is, but it is a bit unusual in the crude forming of the roof peak and bottle lip. Any markings on the base?

Can you post a post a photo of the amber one?
  • edited June 2012
    Here is the amber one........any thoughts?

Julie
  • I apologize for the huge pictures.....wouldn't allow me to delete after sending!!
  • I also have a blue one of these bottles, and was wondering about the value of it. I found it in the bottom of a no peek auction box about 30 years ago.
  • Hi @ddp32354 and welcome. The devil is in the details - there are over 30 mold variants for modern examples. One really needs photos, details about the embossing, etc. to say anything specific.
  • Hi all, I was just looking through the new book about Clevenger products (for the post re: Washington Taylor flask) and I see at least several versions of the Booz Log Cabin bottle were Clevengers'. Chris needs good closeup pix of bottom & neck/lip as well as the sides you have provided. Several generations of the Clevengers produced reproduction bottles from 1930 to 1999.
  • I have a light blue E.C. BOOZ'S OLD CABIN WHISKEY BOTTLE STAMPED 1840 on one side of the roof and on the flat Sid of the bottle it says 120 WALNUT ST PHILADELPHIA. On the bottom it says WHEATON N.J. WITH A WEIRD INDENTED STAMP. WHAT IS THIS WORTH OR CAN ANYONE TELL ME?
  • edited February 2015
    The "weird indented stamp" that you mention is Wheaton's molded simulation of a pontil mark. Your bottle is a modern repro and they are fairly common. I see them sell in the $5-20 range.
  • I have a cobalt blue bottle, an amber bottle, and a green bottle all vary in sizes/some w wheaton nj stamp on the amber one, blue just a circle, and the green think was a stamp trying to get pic on here. Curious what they be worth too.
  • The EG Booz bottles by Wheaton are fairly common, and, as I have said previously in this thread have minor value - in the $5 to 20 range - regardless of size or color.
  • Which ones are the original the E C or the E G
  • Which is the original the E C or the E G
  • E.G. was used on all of the 19th century original bottles..